Creating and using numerical technologies for simulating and assessing the performance of man-made or natural components and systems, primarily
at the continuum scale. Models simulate exposure to extreme environments and challenging requirements for applications with limited recourse to experiment.
Stockpile Stewardship Science; Bio / Chem Security and
Climate Change; Cyber Security, Space.
- Codes — Exemplary code capabilities for structural mechanics, full-wave EM, some multi-physics apps
- Users — Large number, many are expert with multiple tools and application domains
- Platforms — Capacity computing resources at LC enable us to attack problems more deeply and thoroughly
- Stockpile Stewardship — Engineering assessment of the Nuclear Explosive Package (NEP).
- Global Security — Vulnerability assessment and lethality assessment for DoD offensive and defensive capabilities:
EM fast parametric studies and reduced order models.
- WFO — Provide modeling and simulation tools: ParaDyn structural modeling capabilities accredited by Navy.
- CharLES flow code operational and initial benchmarks created?
- Advanced structural failure modeling
- Electromagnetics coupling to circuits
- Greater fidelity and agility for efficiency
- Advanced numerics
- Agile workflow
- Optimization and Uncertainty Quantification